Monday, December 22, 2008

you could be reading a spammer, apparently

I cant be a spammer, because I DO NOT wear tiesFor some reason, Google has tagged me as a spammer blog, which is real fucking annoying, I gotta tell you. To start with, it means that I have to do a word verification every time I want to write a post, even if I'm just saving it as a draft. How exactly did they "identify" me as a spammer? Hell, if I know, but it's not because I use Twitter or something. Is it because I access my blog from both home and work and occasionally my mom's house? I wouldnt think that'd do it. Is it because I dont use twitter? Or is it because I dont use their "follower" programs or tags or any of the other fancy doodads? Is it because I dont have ads? If I had ads, would that make me less suspect?

Maybe, if the government is going to insist on monitoring every on-line communication for terrorists, could they at least get rid of the spammers also? Then Google could get back to the business of running a web network and leave me the fuck alone.

Addendum/Update:

So they've apparently decided that I'm not a spammer, since everything seems to be cleared up. Ironically, today I looked at my spam folder in my Yahoo mailbox, and discovered that the notice sent last Friday by Blogger had been shunted there by the spam filter. Do you suppose that's a rivalry thing?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe you pissed someone off. Happened at one of the blogs I write for. The Obama-stazi didn't take kindly to the words and innundated with spam flags, had us shut down for 12 hours at a pop. Hmmmmm, seems like this shit is getting more frequent, the back-door challenges to individual expression....hmmmmm....just sayin'.....is al I'm not sayin'......

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

I also know many bloggers this has happened to, what annoys me is if they read the content and saw the blog they would straight away know it was kosher but they can't be arsed.

Real shame.

Pryme said...

No ads?

You mean that young lady isn't really selling your T-shirt? You fraud! LOL

WV: "banti;" isn't that a softdrink?

Bill said...

Spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam eggs and spam

daveawayfromhome said...

Great comments! You might also be interested in this post.