Monday, December 08, 2008

i got nothin'

When I first started this blog, I had nothing to say, really, so it sat idle for nearly three months while I waited for something. Turns out that something was stupidity. Now that the Bush Administration* is nearly gone, and adults will once again be occupying the White House, I'm finding that there is once again little to say.

Can you hear me now?I'll think of something, I'm sure, because this blogging thing has gotten under my skin, and the lack of stupidity (aside from the general miasma of stupidity which passes for everyday life) cannot go on, but I'm still thinking that it maybe time for a retooling of this blog. I'm thinking that it's entirely possible that Obama may actually do what the nation hired him to do, which is run the country in a responsible manner, which will mean that I can pretty much ignore politics altogether.
Or perhaps not.

Meanwhile, the economy just keeps looking grimmer and grimmer. That ought to provide me with something to discuss, at least as long as Google/Blogspot doesnt fall victim to our little Depression.


* Time was, I'd have used a snarky pseudonym like "the Bush Cabal", but lately just saying "Bush Administration" seems condemnation enough.

6 comments:

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

A blog is really an online diary so perhaps use it to document your life, a record of events so to speak.

Pryme said...

Don't sweat it: stupidity cannot be destroyed, only temporarily contained. Besides, there's always Hollywood and the Sports world (they never dissappoint).

daveawayfromhome said...

@ Dan: that's partially how I use it now, since long rambling letters where I spill my guts about whatever popped into my brain used to be my métier (if you want to call it that). Not so different from my blog, really (better pictures, though).

@ Pryme: Problem is, I'm not a sports person (never have been terribly physical, unfortunately), and I try to avoid feeding the Hollywood Personality Beast, which leaves politics and corporations for rank displays of stupidity.

Anonymous said...

Hey, there's always Congress...

daveawayfromhome said...

Congress is less stupid than it is infuriating.

word verification: "unring"

Unknown said...

Stupidity...always an ample amount of that..always.