Wednesday, January 14, 2009

near post experience

Yesterday, I was about to write a new post, when I decided to check my e-mail. There I found an letter from God*:
Dave,
While your idea for Me to turn the entire Israeli-Palestine area into a huge cage match[**] has its appeal, you might as well save your breath (fingers) because it's not going to happen. Things would go a lot smoother for you all if you'd just learn to accept people the way they are, and to share a bit more.
God
So, okay, what the hell. I'll keep my further thoughts to myself, aside from this one:
Neither side is the good guy here, and the only way to win is to stop fighting, and I think I speak for most of the world when I say that what we'd all really like is for both of them to just go away.



* long-time readers will know that me and God, in the immortal words of Crocodile Dundee, we be mates.

** it wasnt really a cage match, I was just going to say that if I was God I would erect a wall around the area, let anyone out who wants out, let anyone in who wants in, and let them fight it out alone until they were finally done.

3 comments:

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

God loves you Dave, even though he finds it hard to admit it...

God said...

I have no problem admitting it, Daniel. I love you, also.

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Gee, thanks.