Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Blogroll Amnesty Day


Well, it's Blogroll Amnesty Day, that clever meme created by... well, somebody. Last year I was given to understand that it was Jon Swift and Skippy The Bush Kangaroo, but apparently Blue Gal is also involved. Or maybe not. I dont know, hell, I dont even really care.

Here's the idea: Blogroll Amnesty Day is a celebration of the Little Guy. Apparently (last year this didnt seem to be the case) the idea is to stick it the Big Boys, those overread, overhyped blogs whose writers get to go on the Daily Show and shit. You can do this by linking to 5 other blogs who get lower traffic than your own. I thought this would be nearly impossible, but it turns out that I was wrong. Through the miracle of Blogshares, I find that several of the blogs that I read are actually less linked even than mine is, and since I do read them and they seem to produce on a fairly regular basis, I present them to you, dear reader...

1. The Sapient Sutler
2. Monkey Eggs
3. Welcome To The Now
4. Have Coffee, Will Write
5. Pinky Tailors Bag Everywhere

There, that's five. Like I said, I cant believe that I found them, certainly they deserve more readers than me. Finally, let me add Lydia Valentine. You cant read hers because she's shy, but she deserves a mention anyway.

2 comments:

Pryme said...

What is this "traffic" you speak of?

I thought this thing was supposed to be a dyslexic diary or something.

VW: "proodent"

daveawayfromhome said...

Traffic? Well, believe it or not, occassionally, people from outside a very (very) small circle sometimes read my blog, and I'm guessing they read yours, also.

Actually, since I didnt look at Sitemeter records for my choices, I dont know how much traffic my choices get, I only know that they arent linked as much as mine (with a whopping 19 links). It's certainly possible that all of the above get more actual readers than I do, but that they are all bookmarked rather than linked (Lydia seems to be that way, for instance). I know that I dont get as many readers per day as I have links.

Anyway, such was my methodology.

Really, since I have almost no major blogs in even my Blogroll, let alone my sidebar, I think I do the Blogroll Amnesty thing (as I understood it last year) almost everyday.