Saturday, February 28, 2009

saturday status

She says so many things, but they all sound like 'goodbye'Dont know what to say here. The current status of my marriage doesnt seem good, though. I have been oblivious to her needs, apparently. Not malice on my part, just equal parts neglect and cluelessness, but the scar tissue is thick and heavily built up. There may be no going back, which really really saddens me.
I saw these images, and simply had to put them together right then and there. They'd never struck me before, now they resonate.
Not happy right now.

No, I'm not.

6 comments:

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

Blog sympathies are a bag of shit but know that someone, over the seas, is thinking fo you and wishing that the pain gets better for you both.

Peace.

Anonymous said...

Someone in LA is thinking about you too.

Chance said...

Man, I'm so sorry. Speaking from experience, women seem to fall out of love bewilderingly fast. I can only wish you the very best.

daveawayfromhome said...

Thanks everyone. At this stage it's just (I think) hiatus rather than hopeless. We're talking, which is something we seem to have forgotten how to do.
Last night I was inspired to do a piece of work, which is never to be ignored. It was true at the time, and may be true in the future, but it's better today.
I gotta say, though, that these episodes of shakubuku sometimes seem as much a physical kick in the head as a spiritual one.

Unknown said...

Dave, only she can make herself happy...blaming you for shit is a cop-out. If she has been unable to verbalize her needs throughout the years, how can that be your fault?

I am speaking purely from a female pov, one that has weathered the storm through several marriages and family counselors.

daveawayfromhome said...

Ah, but does happiness include me?