Monday, April 17, 2006

rerun

I was looking through archives for something, and came across this quote from the Smirking Chimp (I love that name), and it's so damn good that I have to reprint it. Again.
Watching the zeppelin of the neoconservative movement burst into flames, tethered to the mooring mast of George W. Bush's presidency, I experience a shiver of such undiluted schadenfreude it's like to blew my earlobes off. What joy to see these scheming, lubricious barghests come undone, sinking beneath the hubris of their utter assurance that they alone are blessed with the vision to fulfill mankind's destiny: to shovel money into their pockets, regardless of the cost to life, love, or the future of the world.
Let's hope the flames are hot and last a long time.

Props to Omnipotent Poobah, again.

9 comments:

rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

oooh you are still in the rant. can i have some of what you are taking?

Saur♥Kraut said...

Whew! That's a helluvalotta big words you're slingin' there, pardner! Most people won't get past hubris...

daveawayfromhome said...

My wife has been enjoying the word "schadenfreude" lately, which is another reason this one struck me.

rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

my personal favorite was schadenfreude

100 Farmers said...

TAG, you're it. I know you hate this but you should create a list of books for us to do.

100 Farmers said...

http://www.asu.edu/educ/epsl/EPRU/thinktankreview.htm

Something interesting to sink your teeth into.

Omnipotent Poobah said...

I always loved that quote. I think they should post it in every government building in the country...right next to the 10 commandments. The juxtaposition would be delicious.

rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

did not he see the nog tag banner? you want to borrow one of my shotguns dave? you can't have the italian ones but all the others are available for you. take the remington gas and pull the plug out.

daveawayfromhome said...

cant borrow a gun in this instance, Rev, unless I've got a strong urge to sleep alone (the little woman takes exception to being shot at).