Monday, April 24, 2006

serfs up

Okay, so maybe the Republican Credo, "I've got mine, so fuck you" hasnt really affected you much yet. That's probably not true, but close enough. Well, here's another manifestation of Big Money's anti-public spirit, and it threatens bloggers everywhere, not to mention every cool Mom+Pop website you've ever visited.
It's called "tiered access", and it basically means, those as pay more, get the better down-loading speed. Never mind that we are the ones doing the down-loading, and what we chose to down-load should be what goes fastest. No, Big Money doesnt see it that way, because that's not what keeps Big Money in Big Money.
Look up the word "oligarchy", if you dont already know it. And understand that Dubya isnt all that concerned about immigrants, illegal or not, because he really wants the U.S. to operate just like Latin America: a wealthy few in control, with all else peasants.

Props, delayed due to blogspot, to J.R.

2 comments:

Omnipotent Poobah said...

I see you had Blogger problems this morning too. Speaking of big corporations, what with this Blogger crap anyhow?

daveawayfromhome said...

Yes, yes I did, and may I say it was very savvy of you to notice that. Well, I suppose I'm getting what I paid for. I'm seriously considering transfering all to my domain, but I dont know whether I want to hassle with it.