Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Rev your engine

sigh...

I had this post almost ready to go. I'd worked on it off and on for hours while at work, a sentence here and a sentence there. Then, just before posting, I go back to see what kind of comments have been posted since last I looked, and every comment by the Rev is gone except one cryptic message saying "names are missing".

Apparently, things have not yet settled down at Less People, Less Idiots.

I'm going to run it anyway. Maybe it will be meaningless tomorrow, I dont know. I hope not, but it's a funny ol' world and most of the time I cant really keep up with it.

Today's post I would like to dedicate to the Good Reverend Billy Bob Gisher. The Rev is girding himself for battle, and taking on a foe of biblical proportions: us.

That's right, all of us. Not because he doesnt like us, not because we're bad people (well, some of us). Because he envisions a future where the air is clean, the planet is sound, his great-grandchilden are healthy and free, and wars are fought no more. It is a noble battle, and most of us are on the wrong side.
This weekend, the Reverend had a crisis of faith. Everyone has them from time to time, although not usually so public. Things were said, things were not said, advice, condolence and comfort was offered. Finally, peace was re-established. The Reverend will preach on.

And there was much rejoicing!

Now, the good Reverend is on a mission. He wants the world to change, and he's doing what he can to change it. He invites you to join him.
Read his blog. Laugh out loud. Learn his lesson. Then link to him, and spread the word.

Whew.

Announcer mode takes it out of me.

Really, though,
go read the Rev. He manages to impart a true lesson while making you laugh, and that's definitely worth something. I came across the Reverend one night while trolling the "next blog" button. I think he had a week or two worth of archives and four or five links. I read everything he had, then linked him then and there so I could find him easily the next day. One day he stalked me home, and asked me if I wanted to link swap (I was the first, what was it?... "pinhead liberal", on his new blogroll).

Anyway, Think of him as Jonathan Swift with a pompadour and a cheap suit and you'll have a general idea of what to expect (well, except for the baby eating thing, I dont think he'll advocate that).

Social commentary, a call to action, and comedy. What more could one ask for?
I dont know what's going on there any more, or what's going to happen. I'll keep going to check every day though, 'cause the Rev's a great read. But dont ask me what's going on. Sometimes I suspect (the Reverend dealing in parody as he does) that it's all an elaborate set-up of some sort, but it really doesnt feel that way. Hopefully it wont all implode.

3 comments:

daveawayfromhome said...

oh good grief.

Once again I'm posting at almost the same time as Gisher and things get away from me.

Things are moving way to fast, and not making much sense at all. I'm thinking about getting annoyed

Omnipotent Poobah said...

Dave,

I second everything you said about the Rev's site (and not in that sneaky Republican, I'm just doing this to make a point seconding). For him to drop it would have been madness...madness I tell you.

To all: Support your local Rev.

rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

He told mr about you. I'm going to have some fun with him today. Seriously, thanks for the kind words. I better than anybody,(longer anyway)know what he is like. He does love everybody, in a snarky kind of way.

Four eyes