Monday, September 15, 2008

a story of lost opportunity

crap.Once upon a time, I was standing in line at the SPCA, having brought in our new kitten to have it spayed. The room was crowded with people and pets and the line was long. As we stood there, waiting, an attendant would come out from time to time, calling out the name of the pet whose turn had come.
"Fido! Where's Fido?"
"Mittens! Who's Mittens?"
Then, came the opportunity of a lifetime, and I blew it. I just wasnt smart enough or fast enough to grab it. I still mourn the loss today.
"Spartacus! Where's Spartacus?"
I dont know if anyone else in the room would have gotten the joke or not, or if anyone else would've followed me in shouting out "I'm Spartacus!". But by God, I wish I'd yelled it out myself, because it would have been really, really funny.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Especially if yiou give it that odd pronunciation...Spah-ti-coose.