Monday, September 21, 2009

messin' with the enemy

Okay, so I was a discussion on the heartache of forwarded wingnuttery, and I had this idea: Instead of deleting them, go through the text, amp up the nuttiness (talk about Obama killing kittens, maybe) and then replace any video links with ones where wingnuts still appear, but are pwned by people who actually use their rational thinking facilities. Then send it on to every conservative you know, or just hit "reply all".

Or, you could do what Amanda Marcotte at Pandagon suggests, which is probably far more reasonable and effective...

but where's the fun in that?

2 comments:

Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

I'm on the Whitehouse mailing list and I got the Axelrod video email through today and it is good fire to fight back with.

daveawayfromhome said...

I'm not sure if there really is any way to fight back, anymore. I'm thinking that is all comes down to stick-waving and chest-thumping and jumping up and down hooting loudly until one tribe backs off. People dont seem to change their minds much, only their level of enthusiasm. Generations change their minds, but I think for the most part, most folks just back down rather than change sides.

If you want to change the world, tackle education - in all forms.