Saturday, May 06, 2006

copying homework

Okay, here's something you can try that just sounds like a lot of fun. If you've gotten tired of being rejected from the Carnival of the Liberals (or maybe you're bored with getting in, I dont know), try sinking your teeth into this writing contest from the Morning News. The object is to write a story that consists entirely of phrases, sentences, or whole paragraphs lifted from other sources. No original words whatsoever. You must use at least five sources, and you must cite all of them. 750 words. Be there, or be square. Contest deadline is midnight on May 12th.

Proper credit should go to The Phantom Professor, where I saw this news first.

3 comments:

Omnipotent Poobah said...

I'm a fan of a musical group named the Hosue Jacks. TYhey do a song composed entirely of catch phrases from advertisements.

Great stuff.

Saur♥Kraut said...

No thanks. WAY too much work. I'd rather be creative and pull it out of my own grey matter.

daveawayfromhome said...

I suspect the work (and the memorization) involved in doing this is much harder than simply writing something from scratch.