Thursday, May 11, 2006

today's lexagraphical suggestion

Well, if you cant get the Public to demand Bush's impeachment through richly deserved outrage, how about through mockery? Use the following phrase "liberally" whenever talking about our Lamprey-In-Chief:

"Lord Bush and his Cabal"

Use it a few dozen times, see if the phrase doesnt spread. The day you hear it on television... Victory!
A cabal is a number of persons united in some close design, usually to promote their private views and interests in church or state by intrigue. Cabals are secret organizations composed of a few designing persons; a political cabal is often called a junta. The term can also be used to refer to the designs of such persons. The term also holds a general meaning of intrigue and conspiracy. ...(from Wikipedia)

5 comments:

United We Lay said...

I'll be doing it from now on.

Omnipotent Poobah said...

I'll give it a five. It's got a nice beat and you can dance to it.

daveawayfromhome said...

I've been refering to him mostly as the standard Dubya, or the administration as BushCo or the Bush Corp, because I thought it covered the Leaders as (corrupt, bloated, inhumane) CEOs with fascist undertones. I tried using the term "Big Daddy" which was supposed to mock the Bush "strict father" idea (see Lakoff) by tainting it with an image of bloated southern Boss, corrupt, oily, and possibly a pedophile. It wasnt working for me, though.

This one, though. This covers a lot of ground. Aristocracy, privilege, (bad) religion, pretence, conspiracy, corruption - all in five little words.

Unknown said...

I like calling him the Shrub. but if you insist, I will try to use the new buzz phrase, I do kinda like it :P

Bryan said...

Hmm. Cabal. Sounds like you may share some of the same beliefs I do when it comes to political intrigues.

Thanks for the definition, Dave.