Thursday, May 11, 2006

Dave's BlogTroll, v.3.0

Well, it's been four months (or more, I cant be bothered to do the math right now) since my last BlogTroll list, so let me explain it's purpose.
Remember the Golden Age of MTV? Back when Music Television actually meant that they played music? Remember watching videos for hours, enduring the bad ones because the good ones were so good?
That's kind of how I feel about the "NEXT BLOG" button, up there in the right corner. And so I go, from blog to blog to blog to blog, seeking the really good ones. Not everyone is as patient as I am, though. Just as they would've like some service that took them straight to Peter Gabriel so they wouldnt have to sit through Vandenberg, they also would rather skip those blogs in foriegn languages, or written almost entirely in little square boxes, or, worst of all, covered in Japanese-style cartoons (you know the ones, where the blog itself is stuffed into a little box, with the multicolor text which alternates between theatrical dispair and giggling).
Well, this isnt that service. But, it works out about the same, because I like to keep a list of potentially entertaining blogs I find while surfing, and see if any of them pan out. And because I'm lazy enough to want to avoid cutting and pasting from a list everytime I want to check out one of those blogs, I've created this collection, and posted it for my amusement, which you too can share in. Now, I'd like to point out that while many of the blogs listed are perhaps described by pithy little one-liners, those descriptions are just first impressions. They may be wrong, and so if you've followed some tracking program back here and you look at my description of your blog and I've got it completely wrong, leave a comment, and I'll change it.

Addendum: I've updated this list, sort of:
* indicates a blog that's still there, but no longer in business.
* indicates a blog that's just plain gone

4 comments:

Unknown said...

My morning starts w/the Princess..who is a guy ya know :P

I have NEVER used the next blog button..I just click through on comments on the blogs on my blogroll. I might be missing some good stuff eh?

daveawayfromhome said...

You certainly are... in a needle in the haystack way, of course.

SPOA said...

That is so weird I do that too. I never expected to see me though lol.

And I never thought of putting some in a compilation either ... hmmm, sweet idea big d

DrEvil said...

Thanks Dave, you actually posted the link to the United Indian School Blog! If you don't know, there is a lot of corruption in Indian (India) Schools. All we do is reveal it!